USJBC Meetings / Activities
- Annual U.S. – Japan Business Conference: Forum for senior U.S. and Japanese operating executives to address priority business and trade issues, engage with U.S./Japanese government officials, and network. Joint Statement provides detailed recommendations to both governments in priority areas. 2017 Conference: November 2-3, 2017, Washington, DC.
- Joint Staff Meetings and Working Groups: Working level meetings allow policy and other technical people in USJBC/JUBC companies to discuss issues and focus on objectives, progress, and key developments that affect businesses. 2017 meetings:
- May 2017 (dates TBD), Washington, DC. Meetings/conference calls are organized as needed to address issues in industries such as health care, financial services, energy and travel and tourism.
- Fall 2017, Tokyo, Japan
- Targeted Advocacy and Outreach:
- Washington and Tokyo “Door Knocks” for USJBC Board members to convey USJBC priorities and concerns to government officials.
- Principal and Working Level meetings with U.S./Japanese government officials.
- Annual Policy statement to communicate USJBC views to both governments.
- White Papers and targeted letters on specific concerns of member companies.