Value Proposition: Why Join the USJBC?
• Proactive Agenda: The USJBC is focused on innovation, opportunity, collaboration and improving the Japanese business environment in high-value areas such as health care, manufacturing, energy and environment, financial services, and digital technology.
• Unique Japan Connection: Globally competitive Japanese companies increasingly share U.S. views on reforms needed in Japan, and it is generally easier to get things done with Japanese partners. The USJBC is the only U.S.-Japan business organization with a strong institutional relationship with a Japanese counterpart group, the Japan-U.S. Business Council (JUBC), which is comprised of major Japanese companies.
• Identification as a Japan Leader: The USJBC is recognized by the U.S. and Japanese governments as a leader on bilateral economic issues and both actively seek USJBC input and engagement, including at present on reconstruction and recovery.
• Diverse Membership: USJBC members range across agribusiness, consumer product, health care, manufacturing, transportation, technology, and financial industries. Accordingly, the USJBC addresses industry-specific concerns as well as broader trade, investment, tax, regulatory, and other issues affecting U.S. companies in Japan.
• Networking Opportunities: Relationships still matter in Japan. By engaging with a new generation of U.S. and Japanese executives and leaders, USJBC members can expand business networks while addressing issues facing their companies in Japan/U.S./Asia.
• Japan – Asia Link: Japan is a key player in the Asia-Pacific through its trade, investment and ODA efforts. USJBC companies can connect with Japanese industry and government to help shape transparent trade rules, standards and regulations in this dynamic region – particularly if Japan decides to pursue membership in TPP.
• Chairman’s Level ($25,000): Largest companies with Board seats/responsibilities
• General Member ($10,000)